Proton.org – A new home for Proton Blockchain
As the Proton ecosystem continues to grow, and the influx of developers building on the Proton Blockchain accelerates, we have outgrown the URL protonchain.com, as it doesn’t truly capture this incredible decentralized organization that is being built.
That is why, we have decided to migrate the Proton Blockchain website to Proton.org
Proton.org represents the incredible community that has been built by everyone involved in the ecosystem, and really, we are a lot more than just a Blockchain.
We’re not stopping with the launch of Proton.org either. The team is working hard to develop a completely new and revamped Proton Blockchain website that captures our growth and community, and you can expect to see this later in the year.
However, you will find one special update on the Proton.org website that you haven’t seen before: the Proton Whitepaper 2.0.
Whitepaper 2.0 – A Stronger, More Capable, More Decentralized Blockchain
Since the launch of Proton a little over two years ago, this blockchain has grown in leaps and bounds and we have updated the Whitepaper to showcase its development.
Major components of Proton that our users and developers have come to know include:
- Proton offers a unique approach to verified identities, known as Decentralized Identity (DeID), that enables Proton to comply with various regulatory frameworks. Combined with the Proton Signing Request (PSR), the Proton blockchain offers a way for user identities to be verified on the blockchain and used to accept and send transactions while simultaneously shielding that identity from bad actors.
- The WebAuth Wallet is a user-friendly decentralized wallet that allows users to send, receive, and swap cryptocurrencies with no gas fees on the Proton blockchain, hold cryptocurrencies, accept or reject on-chain transactions, and stake XPR.
- Proton Swap is a decentralized marketplace where Proton-wrapped cryptocurrencies are exchanged instantly and with no gas fees. Proton’s DeID and PSR framework drastically reduce the potential for fraudulent transactions compared to other popular swapping sites.
- Proton Market is an open source NFT platform that allows NFTs to be created and traded with zero gas fees and near-zero minting costs. Content creators can earn royalties on the future sales of their NFTs and sell them on the Proton blockchain from their own websites.
- Proton Loan is a new decentralized lending market built on the Proton blockchain. Utilizing the cross-chain capabilities of Proton wrapped xTokens, Proton Loan makes it possible to deposit cryptocurrency into lending pools to earn interest, and to take collateralized loans from cryptocurrency pools. With support for BTC, ETH, USDC, USDT, DOGE, XPR XMT, and other cryptocurrencies, and with zero gas fees on the Proton blockchain, Proton Loan ensures DeFi lending remains accessible and affordable.
As successful as these parts of the Proton ecosystem have been, they are only a fraction of our broader vision for an all-encompassing blockchain environment that spans across all areas of finance. We recognize that the Proton blockchain will play a pivotal role in reaching this grand vision, but only if we continuously improve it, build it, and decentralize it.
The Proton Whitepaper 2.0 outlines all parts of the Proton ecosystem, including:
- Smart contracts, dapps, and Proton Resources
- Block production and consensus mechanisms
- Token utility and distribution
- Current and upcoming parts of the Proton ecosystem
- And much, much more
If you are ready to join us for the next stage of the Proton blockchain, and ready to start building in the Proton ecosystem, we invite you to read the Proton Whitepaper 2.0 for yourself here.
Welcome to Proton, we’re glad you’re here.