In case you haven’t already: it’s time to switch from Proton wallet to the WebAuth Wallet!
If you’re part of the rapidly growing Proton user base, you likely use Proton wallet or the WebAuth Wallet for all of your Proton transactions. You can think of the Proton wallet as version 1 – fast, no gas fees, and able to handle any transactions in the Proton ecosystem without missing a beat.
The WebAuth Wallet is version 2 – upgraded, supercharged, and more capable than ever – available on Web, Android, and iOS. It has every feature you know and love from Proton wallet, plus so much more.
Here’s a quick rundown on what you can do on the WebAuth app:
- Access Proton Loan. WebAuth unlocks our decentralized lending platform, ProtonLoan.com, which lets you earn interest when you borrow and loan crypto, and allows you to stake your LOAN for interest.
- Multi-account support. Simply login with your key or seed phrase, no email or password required.
- Buy, sell, swap, send, and receive cryptocurrency. With a built in exchanges tab, it’s also easier than ever to send crypto to exchanges that support the available mainnet cryptocurrencies.
- Stake cryptocurrency. Staking Proton (XPR) takes just a few clicks, with the APR shown clearly.
- Buy, sell, send, and receive NFTS. WebAuth allows you to take full advantage of the Proton Market ecosystem of NFTs, letting you get in on the action that has everyone talking.
- Multi-network support. Some of the most popular blockchains in existence are supported on the WebAuth app, including Proton, ERC20, BEP20, and Stellar.
How do I switch to WebAuth?
Switching from Proton wallet to WebAuth is easier than you might think. Here are the steps to follow to make this happen in less than a minute:
Step 1: Download the WebAuth app from the Android or iOS app stores.
Step 2: Open your Proton wallet app, tap on the Profile icon, and tap on “Backup Wallet”.
Step 3: Type “I will never give my private key to anyone else” to reveal your private key.
Step 4: Use the “Copy” shortcut to copy this private key to your device’s clipboard
Important note: KEEP THIS PRIVATE!
Step 5: Open the WebAuth app that you downloaded.
Step 6: Paste your private key into the box when prompted, and you’re done!
What is WebAuth?
WebAuth is the new industry standard for device authentication, identity management, payment processing, and cryptocurrency transactions for Web 3.0, built on the Proton blockchain. With WebAuth.com, you can approve transactions, make crypto payments, link your decentralized identity, verify/add/remove access for all logins, and reject impersonation attempts through the use of your smartphone – similar to how Google Authenticator and other popular 2FA platforms work, except with a higher bar for security utilizing PSR (Proton Signing Request) over OTP (one time passwords) that can easily be phished.
Here’s the big difference: because WebAuth.com is built on the Proton blockchain, it uses our powerful decentralized identity (DeID) framework to verify and attest to identities. This means that not only is your identity biometrically verified, but your identity can be backed up to a new device seamlessly if you lose access to the primary device.
Ready to get started? Get WebAuth on Web, Android, and iOS for free with just a few clicks.
WebAuth is the way that identities were meant to be verified. In a world where passwords can be stolen, and devices can be lost, your accounts should be secured with no less than your own biometric information – something that can never be lost or stolen.
Welcome to Web 3.0 – WebAuth is making it possible.